Minding The Body, Mending The Mind

The New Year is just around the corner, and before you know it, it will be the year 2012.  A lot of us have been going through some stressful times and really need to make some changes.  Positive change is great and we need to accept the opportunity to make that changes in our life for the better.  Minding the Body, Mending the Mind by Dr. Joan Borysenko, PH.D is a great handbook that teaches you how to control your conditions.
Understanding that we have a choice in life to change our circumstances by the way we perceive what happens to us allows us to move to the next level in life's journey.   Life's challenges come to help us grow and tests come to make us stronger.   We can live a peaceful, happy and prosperous life if we just take the time to make the changes that we need to make.  Some of us have gotten so comfortable with the way things are in our lives even though it is causing us a great amount of pain and stress.  Not to mention what stress does to our health.  We have to step up and make that move towards a better life.  


I have been stressed out for years.  I became comfortable with the way things were even though I wanted them to change.  My health wasn't good.  I was battling with much stress which caused me to have high blood pressure.  Most of us settle for whatever life throws in our way.  When I discovered that I had a chance to change my condition and circumstances, I chose to make the difference in my life.  Yoga gave me the opportunity to develop my mind, body and spirit in a way that I have never experienced before.   Dr. Joan Borysenko "Minding the Body, Mending the Mind" showed me ways to apply the mind-body connection into my daily life, starting with gaining  control of my thoughts, meditation and yoga exercises.  

                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment